Betty's Bitch and Tawni's Tales

A place to share our thoughts when we feel like it.

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Tawni here.

First off...Betty. So sorry you were feeling low. Did you call and I didn't answer? Next time, keep calling!!

A little intro...I'm Tawni...mama to one precious miracle child. Not a miracle in conception like so many babies are, but a miracle of survival. My dear one was born with a birth defect (to remain unnamed cuz I don't know how much traffic we want here) that required her to be intubated at birth. She was then on a heart/lung bypass machine for 16 days and had 2 surgeries during that time to correct her defect. The night before her second surgery, we almost lost her. I had no idea at the time, but when I look back at pictures now, I see how awful she looked. I'm so thankful that her life was saved. We feel very fortunate and even though she's almost 11 months old, we are in awe of her and enjoy every precious moment with her. Oh...we...I am married to an amazing man who has finally figured out what he wants to be when he grows up...and is becoming it!

Betty is my BFF. We were introduced by my senior prom date during the first weeks of our freshman year of college. We lived together for almost a year, and though miles separate us now, our hearts are ALWAYS close. She's great.

Well, that's all from here. Life is pretty good these days in my house, except for the money...never enough! But alas, we're working on it!

Peace out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home